Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HW 24: Room of my own?

Of course I have a room of my own; I feel everyone does. I'm not talking about a literal room either, a room with four walls, a bed and your clothes. My room is my own personal voice; My writing voice. In 11Th grade of high school, the entire English class was devoted to finding your own voice in your writing. I felt that throughout the course of that class, I found my voice, it was easier to write papers, I could write what I felt, and I even found myself writing on my own about my life and my feelings. Everything that I write for myself lets out everything inside me to something, it doesn't have to be a person , but I write it as if someone is going to read it in the future.
" I thought, addressing Mary Carmichael is if she were there, would be to talk of something else, looking steadily out the window, and thus note, not with a pencil in a notebook, but in the shorthand, in words that are hardly syllabled yet..."(Virginia, 85)
This exerpt from the book A room of ones own hit me when I read it. That's exactly how I feel when I write, I'm writing to not only myself and my notebook paper, but I'm writing to the person that will eventually read this, the person that will find this however long from now, and know who I am at this time in my life.

No comments: