Monday, October 22, 2007

HW 23: Virginia vs Jezebel

I read a blog post on Jezebel, it was about Anne Hathaway breaking up with her long time boyfriend Rafaello Follieri. They used the adjective 'shady' to describe him, if I were Virginia Woolf, I would be shocked! Shocked that they would be talking about a man in that way, no matter if he were shady or not. They never would talk about a man that way, only women got talked about in writing. The entire blog post is about how he is shady, and cheated on her, and they actually used the word "doucheyness" to describe him. How rude! I mean, even if he was these adjectives, they are writing about a man in that way! They aren’t poking fun of the women in the situation getting cheated on; they are actually making fun of the man! How crazy is that. I’m actually almost enjoying this though, making fun of a MAN. Finally.

No comments: