Tuesday, October 2, 2007

HW 16a: MANIFESTO

In reading Scoble's manifesto, I found one point that the blog Jezebel does follow through with. Point number 2, "Post fast on good news or bad." Jezebel does a good job with keeping us up to date, I was looking at their weblog and it is completely daily that they comment on and update their blog. Scoble says that the trick to earning trust, is to show up. If Jezebel for example was to not answer someones important question, Jezebel will then lose that viewers trust and respect, and loyalty to the weblog. Maybe I just don't understand how to use this blog very well, but I have never seen Jezebel actually edit, or say that they were wrong. Maybe they are never wrong, and they are just lucky, but I never once have seen them come back to someone's comment. Which, in Scoble's 20 points, links to number 8, "If you screw up, acknowledge it fast". I believe that this blog is most certainly applicable to these manifesto's standards, it's about celebrity's and their lives, so if they screw up, tell us!! And all of the manifesto's points go with this blog, and apply to this blogs rules.

No comments: