Wednesday, September 19, 2007

HW 9: A weblog saved my life last night

After reading Waldman's piece A weblog saved my life last night I both agreed and disagreed with many points he made throughout the interview. By focusing on the fact that women can 'outsmart' the men by going to blogs that men would not normally go to, Waldman overlooks the deeper problem which is that men can now outsmart the women by going to those blogs anyways. I feel as though men can most definitely go to these blogs that are more aimed towards women, and interact with the women, without them knowing it is in fact a male. This is also why the Internet is so dangerous and misleading. Although I do disagree with this point he makes here, I do agree with his overall thought that 'overwriting' or better known as writing everything, in depth and making every single word count and sound intelligent, it sometimes erases what you really wanted your real point to be. His overall points in this interview all made sense, even though there were times I did disagree with some of them.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Waldman is actually a woman--would knowing that make you read her statement differently?