Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HW 5b: I blog therefore I am

In the reading "I blog therefore I am" Kline makes a point to tell the reader that blogging is the most important form of media today. He then writes that blogs are simply a continuation of a phenomenon (Kline, 246). I would argue that blogging is not, the biggest form of media today. I insist that television, the news and even the radio, are all far more important forms of media in today's society. Blogging on the Internet is indeed a huge part of the media, and a way of getting information out to the world, yet, I quote "Though for the most part not professional writers.." (Kline, 249), this makes me disagree with the fact that 'blogging' is the best way, or the most wide spread form of communication and controversial areas. I question the way that information is portrayed in blogs, due to the fact that the writers, are not necessarily professional.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Good, you've met the requirements of the assignment here, and I think that these precise signal phrase verbs can really add sophistication and clarity to one's writing.
Your in-text citations are in the correct places. There is a quote that you haven't put in quotation marks--that blogs are a "continuation of a phenomenon." You've credited the idea to Kline with the in-text citations, but failed to show the reader that the words all also his.