Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HW 6: Interest Statement

When looking at my options for my semester long project, for the ways to communicate online I found myself to be interested in Instant messaging, Podcasting, and Socail Networking, in otherwords, facebook. If I were to chose which marginalized groups I was interested in, I would have to say that i would like to learn more about ocercoming sexism because, sexism is mostly directed towards women and the equality they have or dont have, also I would be interested in Overcoming rasism because due to the same reasons, that it has to do with the equality of african american's in contrast to whites, in education, and the civil rights movement. And overcoming homophobia, I personally dont understand why someone could be homophobic, and would like to learn more about why, and how that could happen. And for where in the world i would concentrate these aspects, I chose the United States, and the Europe. Europe to show the differences of united states policies to their policies.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Lots of intriguing prospects, Kristen. I'll look forward to seeing what your work turns up.
A minor mechanical note: podcasting and social networking don't need capitalization, but Facebook does, because it's a proper noun.