Wednesday, September 5, 2007

HW 2: Blog! The 12 key ideas. How do I connect?


Writing is a way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out. I can not and have never been able to get my feelings out verbally; I am a very introverted person most of the time. I keep a journal, and every so often I write how I’m feeling that particular day or if something exciting had happened to me. With writing, it allows me to get everything I cannot get out to anyone. I have learned in my past English and writing classes that you need to find your 'voice', and that everyone has a 'voice' in writing. I think that it's hard to find your voice most of the time, but when you do, you realize, you can write.
Blogging is a way for people to write, electronically. My journal for me is my form of 'blogging' I suppose. I consider blogging to be a way of releasing feelings, attitudes, and certain thoughts that you just want to share, or about a specific topic. This is my blog, my thoughts. In Dan Bursteins book Blog! How the newest media revolution is changing politics, business, and culture, burstein writes about 12 key ideas that he feels sums up the world of blogging. I feel that I can somewhat relate to the second key idea. Blogs are particularly interesting because they marry so much personality and attitude with this complex mix of software technologies.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Kristen, this is nicely written, and I hope that the reading response blog will be an enjoyable outlet for you.
Please note: It's crucial to put quotation marks around words that you take from another. A reader would think that you were claiming that "Blogs are particularly interesting because they marry..." was your own writing, and that's plagiarism. Please add a note to this post to clarify. Use the strikeout font if you change the original post.